Thursday, April 7, 2011

Interview with Giants Pre/Post Game Host Marty Lurie


There is an excellent fan post on McCovey Chronicles from user Goofus that did an interview with Giants pre and post game iron man host Marty Lurie.

An excerpt:
McC: You’re doing the radio pre-game and post game shows on weekends. Do you see your role as journalist, commentator, cheerleader, or therapist for distraught fans after a tough loss?

ML: I think I’m a baseball historian and a fan. I’m like everybody else; I can’t wait for it to start and I can’t wait for the next day’s game. That’s what I bring to the table. I’ll set the game up; I’m excited about what’s going to happen and afterwards take the game apart and talk about what happened, what should have happened, how they played it and then get you ready for the next day.

I do understand that there’s a rhythm to a baseball season and you can’t panic and do knee-jerk reactions. I mean, Huff has a bad game on Sunday. You can’t say, "That’s it. He can’t play right field anymore." You have to be patient and even it costs you, he’s your #3 hitter. You have to be patient with a guy like Brandon Belt and let him get his at bats. You have to be patient and see what you have as a team. So in that regard, yeah my job is to be somewhat of a therapist for the fans during the rough parts. The key to this team will be the bullpen; that’s the most important job of a manager.
Read the entire thing. It's definitely worth your time.

Become a fan on Facebook and follow The Crazy Crabbers on Twitter. There is lots of good stuff going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment