Saturday, June 5, 2010

Comebacks Are Nice

Sometime the pessimism that I feel gets the best of me.

After the 4 run second inning I had all but given up on this game. I figured that the rain delay had just sapped the energy out of the team and it was going to be a team going through the motions.

It feels nice to be wrong.

Jonathan Sanchez made it through the error by Buster Posey with out having a complete meltdown that most likely would have happened a few years ago. This is just another step in the maturity of Sanchez which has been exciting to watch.

It is great to see the offense come to life again after the struggles against Colorado, and man hitting 3 home runs in a game that just blows my mind. I can't remember the last time the Giants hit 3 home runs in a game or for that matter 3 home runs in a week.

Lines of the game:

Freddy Sanchez: 3-4, R season avg: .358

Juan Uribe: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI season avg: .279

Buster Posey: 2-4, 2R season avg: .478

Aubrey Huff: 2-4, HR 2 RBI season avg: .302

That was a good game and I really enjoyed that one and hopefully it cares on through out the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment