Monday, November 1, 2010

Oh How Sweet it is! The Giants are the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!


FINALLY!

I can't believe it, but it happened. The whole time I wasn't letting myself get too sucked into it, but it happened anyway, like it has so many times before with this team.

You knew it was going to be a great night the moment you saw Tim Lincecum's first slider, it was just a matter of getting a run and Edgar Renteria got them a few extra too.

I have been staring at the blank screen wondering what to say, how to sum it up, when really there are no words to describe the elation that is felt. For all the suffering as a life long Giants fan, the torture that was this season, for this feeling and for this moment it is all worth it.

Every time I take a second to think about this game I feel that great emotion well up inside of me. It is a great feeling that I will tell my children about.

For all the seasons that came so close but ended in sadness this makes it all okay. In my lifetime there was 1987, 1989, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003 and this season and this game made all that scar tissue just a blurred hazy memory for they are no longer also rans and runners up.

The Giants are CHAMPIONS of the world, alone atop the mountain of Major League Baseball.

If your on Twitter you should definitely follow the The Crazy Crabbers. If you're not you should really consider joining, lots of good stuff going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment