Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nate Schierholtz's parting thoughts on Bruce Bochy


Nate Schierholtz had already voiced that he wasn't happy with the way that the Giants had treated him earlier this season and now that he is in Philadelphia he has a few more thoughts to share on his time with the Giants.

He said this to Matt Gelb of the The Philadelphia Inquirer:
"I just felt like I had a short leash. It was series by series, if I didn’t perform for three games, that was my chance. It got frustrating at times. We didn't see eye to eye." 
I don't think that you can really say that he is wrong, he was given the starting job and then at the first sign of struggle he was pulled. All the while veterans were given long leashes where they had months and months before their playing time was effected.

Here is more from CSN Philly:
“It got to the point [in San Francisco] where I didn’t see myself having an everyday role. I felt like I needed a chance to earn more playing time, maybe get 100 at-bats in a row, but it wasn’t going to happen.”
I know that the fans appreciated him and I can still remember the times back in 2009 when Randy Winn was a shell of his former self yet still got the bulk of the playing time. It was like what happened with Brandon Belt and Aubrey Huff last season.

I sure hope this isn't Brandon Belt in a few years.

Become a fan on Facebook and follow the The Crazy Crabbers on twitter there is lots of good stuff going on there. Sign up for our free newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment