Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September Baseball Games, Playing Under the Microscope

Everything that happens in September is magnified. If the team loses a game in June it sucks but it isn't the end of the world and it you pick it up the next day.

In September every loss feels a safe falling on your head.

The Giants have 11 games left and every single one of them carries the weight of the playoffs. A slump now ends the season. There is no more time to make up for any mistakes and honestly that scares the crap out of me.

If the regular season was torture then these last games in September are going to be an inquisition. It won't be for the faint of heart. I am not sure what Giants have done to deserve this after 6 full seasons without a playoff appearance and 56 seasons without a World Series title things would be easier.

Not to sound like I am complaining, I wouldn't trade this for the world, it feels nice again to not be turning my attention to the hot stove and looking at how the prospects are doing and who are the potential Free Agent targets.

My point is that every little thing matters. There is no margin for error in these last games and it will only get worse if the team makes the playoffs.

Oh I remember the playoffs, I was a nervous wreck. Pacing, covering my eyes, poping tums, and living and dying with every pitch and every game. All I want is that crazy nervousness in my stomach again and these September games are killing me.

11 games that is all. A cushion would be nice a half a game is a little too close for me but in the end just get me back to the playoffs and that crazy nervousness that it brings on.

No comments:

Post a Comment