Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tim Lincecum is Good

He came in dressed in orange and he saved the Giants season. If they had lost a fifth in a row I know that it would have lead to a unrecoverable tailspin and before long we would occupy the cellar.

Our hero came through for us on this one. He didn't have the best stuff but you would never know it looking at his line. 7 innings 6 hits 1 earned run 3 walks and 8 strikeouts. For 120 pitches he battled his command more than he battled the Cardinals, a lesser human couldn't do what he does.

The Giants offense scored 4 quite runs, they weren't particularly sharp and had only one extra base hit and that was Andres Torres double to lead off the game. I would normally write something about how this reminds me too much of the last few seasons where the offense was unspeakable but I am in too good a mood and I will take 4 runs just about any day of the week as long as it is not fifth stater day.

I loved the Orange Friday, I have to admit that I was nervous about the jerseys but they looked nice and were a nice change of pace. At least they aren't all black, they are truly unique in the mostly bland baseball world and are a nice nod the Giants of old. I give this my blessing as well as the orange billed caps, I like playing up the orange.

Let's go Zito keep the mojo working.

In other news the Dodgers lost to the lowly Nationals which makes them my second favorite team at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment