Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Giants Offense Through the Years


I was looking through baseball-reference earlier today and I was marveling at just how far the number of runs scored has fallen in the last few years for the Giants. In 2000, the team scored over 900 runs. That level of scoring now seems to boggle the mind. It was the height of the steroid era, but that was still good enough to beat the average NL team by over 100 runs.

I put together a quick chart that shows the runs per game for the last 15 years and also this season to see just how bad things are so far:

Click for larger view

I don't have a lot to say about this, as this is more of a to remember when the Giants scored more runs than most other teams. (By the way, that hasn't happened since 2004 when I was just a freshman in college.)

Become a fan on Facebook and follow The Crazy Crabbers on Twitter. There is lots of good stuff going on there. Sign up for our free newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment