Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Aubrey Huff 2011 Projection



Up next in the projections lineup is the man in the red thong, Aubrey Huff.

Most projections that you will see give you one line of stats, now I know my limitations so I will gave you that line of stats but also a best case and a worst case so you can get an idea of my general range for that player.


Without further ado the projection:


BA OBP SLG R 2B 3B HR RBI SB
2011 Projections .277.356.4668434321825
Best Case .304.391.512109405301077
Worst Case .249.320.4195924215583

What we got from Huff last season was unexpected and fantabulous (fabulous +fantastic). I don't imagine that he has much in the way of performing better and it is more likely that last season was a career year and he comes back down to earth.

The question is how much do the numbers go down?

Right off the bat I don't think that mid 20's or higher homers is happening again, just being realistic it is hard for left handed hitters to hit them out at AT&T so I expect that number to come down to high teens that being said AT&T is a great place to hit doubles for a left handed hitter so this will be the primary power contribution for Huff in 2011.

I think that the patience that Huff showed was for real and will continue and I think that a K/BB ratio of around 0.7 to 0.9 is going to happen again which will keep his OBP respectable even if he loses some of the base hits that he got last season.

The best case looks almost like an exact repeat of last season, while the worst case will have Brian Sabean calling up Brandon Belt to take over.

If you're on Twitter you should definitely follow the The Crazy Crabbers. If you're not you should really consider joining, lots of good stuff going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment