Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My World Series Sob Story

So tonight by the cruelest of coincidences I have a class tonight from 6:30 to 10. What makes it even worse is that skipping it isn't even an option as tonight is the date of the midterm in my graduate International Economic Development class.

So at 6:15 I will have to turn off KNBR and head into class and take a test while doing my best to keep focused on the task at hand and not wondering what the hell is going on in the game.

The baseball god must be punishing me for something, I wish I knew what it was.

Plus, this is not the first time I have had to deal with the torture of being cut off from the rest of the world during a playoff game. My last class coincided with game 4 of the NLCS. The game that many have described as the most exciting playoff game ever played by the Giants.

That one worked out a little better because it was during a regular class and I could follow along on game cast but low and behold the baseball gods again decided to plot against me with my battery dieing with runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out in the bottom of the 9th with Juan Uribe coming to bat. That was my last update and then kaput.

I had no idea if the final run came in or if the game was still going and of course there seemed to be no one else in the room who was a Giants fan or cared to deviate from the discussion on the world bank to announce that Juan Uribe had won the game the Giants.

It was the worst hour and a half of my life, I was more nervous waiting then during any part of the playoffs to date.

To sum it all up, baseball gods, Giants hitters, Giants pitchers, there is nothing wrong with jumping out to a 10-0 lead and making the game a laugher. It will make taking my test infinitely more enjoyable.

That is all I ask.

If your on Twitter you should definitely follow the The Crazy Crabbers. If you're not you should really consider joining, lots of good stuff going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment